RED VELVET WHOOPIE PIES
I saw these Whoopie pies...
They were calling my name
and I think I really need to make them!
They look way too good and I was thinking,
you could probably even shape them
look like Santa hats
Here is the recipe
As soon as I can get past all the decorating
it will be time for baking and these little babies
are calling my name,
How about you???
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1 ounce bottle red food coloring (2 Tbsp.)
- 1 recipe Whoopie Pie Filling (see recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment; set aside. In medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.2. In large mixing bowl beat butter on medium to high 30 seconds. Beat in brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating after each addition just until combined. Stir in food coloring.3. Spoon batter in 1- or 2-inch diameter rounds, about 1/2-inch high on prepared baking sheets, allowing 1 inch between each round.4. Bake 7 to 9 minutes for 1-inch cookies or 9 to 11 minutes for 2-inch cookies, or until tops are set. Cool completely on baking sheets on rack. Remove cooled cookies from baking sheets.5. To fill, dollop Whoopie Pie Filling on flat sides of half the cookies. Top with remaining cookies, flat sides down. Makes 60 one-inch or 42 two-inch cookies.
- Storage To store:Refrigerate in airtight container up to 4 days. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
WHOOPIE PIE FILLINGIngredients
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 8 ounce package softened cream cheese
- 1 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
In medium mixing bowl beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in marshmallow creme.
Nutrition Facts (In case you really wanted to know)
- Calories 70,
- Protein (gm) 1,
- Carbohydrate (gm) 10,
- Fat, total (gm) 3,
- Cholesterol (mg) 12,
- Saturated fat (gm) 2,
- Monosaturated fat (gm) 1,
- Sugar, total (gm) 5,