Wednesday, November 11, 2009

TAKE TIME TO STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES

OK, OK... I know that winter is coming, but I miss the flowers in my garden already.
I just picked my last batch of hydrangeas for the season. I guess I'll just have to admire the photos of flowers until spring! I just love roses and hydrangeas and just can't get enough. I can't decide if I love the soft muted colors of the delicate pink and blush roses or the vibrant pinks, yellows and purples. As far as hydrangeas go... acid or alkali soil? Do I want pink or blue blooms? Actually, either color works for me as long as they are full of beautiful, intense color.

I just love the look of an English garden with the juxtaposition of the formal and casual. It makes for a more interesting space by mixing and the masculine stone, slate and gravel with the feminine flowers like roses, hydrangeas, sweet pea, snap dragon and foxglove. It' s so beautiful to see the delicate roses next to the stone walls and garden ornaments. I love the slate and gravel walkways along with the trellises, arbors and pergolas. Flower boxes make a home come to life with color splashed on it.

Hmmm..... it's all so great, I can't decide what I like more!


A Pretty Rose Trellis

Climbing Vine on my Cottage (in my dreams)

Now THAT'S a Flower Box!
I Love all the Color
That Bush Can't Decide

I Can't Decide What Color to Love
La Villa Gallici in Provence

Move Over Birds

Hydrangeas a la Southern Living Style
A Rosy Welcome

Just a Little Bouquet I Picked

My Favorite Color Rose

Flowers From a Paris Market

How Much for the Whole Bucket??
A Brussels Flower Market
Sweet


3 comments :

Sara said...

beautiful flower pictures. i especially love the bird bath!

DreamsInPink said...

You left such a lovely comment on my blog, so I had to come and visit. How glad I am that I came and visited, you have a BEAUTIFUL blog, I love, love, love it. And, I will visit often! Keep up the lovely pinkness! The flowers are simply wonderful, very pretty!! Elizabeth.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Love these pictures and your site
Hope to visit again
Maggie